After your appointment:
Follow instructions carefully as this greatly affects the outcome of your permanent makeup. For 3-6 days, the color intensity of your procedure will be significantly brighter or darker, as well as larger and sharper than what is expected for the final outcome. Although the area will appear healed after 10 days, it will not be fully healed for 4-8 weeks. This is different for everyone and is based on how quickly the outer layer of your skin exfoliates.
- Keep the area MOISTURIZED. Use Vaseline or Vitamin A & D Ointment.
- Avoid soaps/facial cleansers on pigmented areas (wash around them) pat dry with clean towel.
- Before showering, Apply Vaseline on top. Do not directly shower treated area.
- Before sleeping, apply a thick layer of vaseline on top of procedure area to keep it moisturized overnight.
- DO NOT rub, Scratch, or pick ant crust along the tattooed area. Early removal of pigment cryst may result in loss of colour.
- DO NOT apply makeup on the pigmented area during the healing process.
- Avoid swimming, soaking, steam bathing, and facials for the 1st week.
- Avoid applying Exfoliates or AHA/glycolic acid products to the tattooed area for at least 2 weeks.
- Avoid sun exposure (including sun tan beds) during the healing process, and ALWAYS wear sunscreen.
- Always use a clean q-tip when applying a new layer of moisturizer.
The eyebrows may be swollen for the first few hours. The colour will look darker for the first 5 days until the scab peels off, then it will look smaller and lighter. Try to sleep on your back during the healing process.
What to expect as my new semi-permanent makeup heals?
Do not expect perfection on your first visit. Your brows will need to be adjusted after the first session and is why your touch up appointment is required and included in the price. This is a 2 step process. Be patient and kind to your skin during the healing as your brows will change and appear different from day to day. This is normal and a part of the healing process. Everyone skin is unique and will react to the ink and procedure differently.
Immediately after your procedure your brows will appear 30-40% darker and more bold, this may last up to 2 weeks. Your brow tattoo may appear more solid, hair strokes may seem to disappear, all of this is normal.
At approximately days 4-8 you will experience flaking/scabbing/itching and your brows may look dry and flakey. Do not pick your healing brows, let the skin fall off naturally. If you pick or rub your new brows you risk pulling the pigment out, and this will result in patchiness and unevenness.
Your new semi-permanent brow tattoo will take up to 4-8 weeks to fully heal. When the scabbing comes off the hair strokes may seem faint, this is because a fresh layer of skin has healed over the brow tattoo. Give your brows and skin time to adjust and in a few weeks the hair strokes will reappear and become clearer.
Not everyone’s hair stroke brows can heal clean and crisp. Hairstrokes for oilier skin types tend to heal more powdery, while drier skin types tend to heal more crisp and defined. Those who bleed more may tend to need more touch-ups, as the blood pushes some of the pigment out during the procedure.